Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

week thirty five through week thirty nine

Good morning October! Bye bye September! The last month was a blur, right after Labor Day worked picked up to a crazy level and with my family in town for two weeks I had no time for the blog. But now I am back and it looks like the new month will be under the motto backyard renovation. Last Saturday, the day after my parents left, we had a crew of guys demoing the concrete in our driveway and the backyard. You can't image how much better it already looks, even though we are left with dirt for now. Today they are digging a trench for the drainage and tomorrow our foundation will be getting re-pointed. If all goes to plan the new driveway will be poured on Saturday. I will be writing some posts with backyard updates this month and hopefully be able to show you the finished project as well. If the weather is kind to us, we might even fire up the grill one last time to christen our new deck...

Have a great week! It's so good to be back, now I will have some catching up to do what you guys were up to in September...


10 comments:

  1. Oh hooray! I've missed you! I knew your fam was in town (was it wonderful fun?), but I actually popped over here yesterday to see if I'd missed a post accidentally. Aren't huge renos super fun? I can't wait to see the in-progress and the results! Hope you're well, dear. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed you too! Have to admit I do not like to be in the midst of such a big project, it stresses me out and I can't wait for it to be over. But in my mind I know it will be worth it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I wondered what was going on in your backyard... Can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rooth, I can't wait either, I'm so anxious for the whole project to be over...

      Delete
  3. Yaay you're back! And with big exciting projects. What are you planning for your backyard, lots of landscaping? This will be fun! ...well, as an outsider it will be :) Living through it might be tougher! Good luck! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha it's not so much fun living in the middle of it that to be on the sidelines but in the end it will be worth it. There will not be a lot of landscaping, for now we only opted for a low deck and grass. We can add more over the years. I really need to post a drawing of the yard...xx

      Delete
  4. yay! it's good to see you back! sounds (and looks) like you have had a busy and productive month. and how lovely your dad was able to visit for so long. hopefully you all had some nice outings together and you got a little shopping done :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not just my dad visiting, my mom and grandmother were visiting too. It was great having them around but sad that I didn't have as much time with them as I would have liked. We definitely made the best of it! xx

      Delete
  5. I knew we had not heard from you for a while, but I did not realize you were gone for the whole month. Welcome back!
    Wohoo about the yard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it was a whole month either, it went by so fast. It's good to be back :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...