Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

week fourty

Good morning everyone! Another week flew by, I feel like Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner...On Wednesday the brick foundation of our extension got repointed, one corner looked very scary and some bricks were loose, you could just take them out. It was like playing Jenga, you would pray that the house would not cave in at that corner. Now everything looks great again. On Saturday we had planned to pour our driveway but because of the weather the concrete will now be poured on Thursday, fingers crossed. Friday a friend from Germany arrived and we took her shopping on Saturday and on Sunday we strolled around the city. Finally discovered Sockerbit, why did I not know about this Swedish candy store before? Of course I went crazy with licorice and all things I put in my bag were delicious.

Hope you had a great weekend as well? What were you guys up to?


10 comments:

  1. You know that renovation I started in April? Yeah, still not done. You're going to have your entire house done before I finally get this one complete. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha do you want me to kick you in the butt so you will finish the renovation? ;) After the backyard reno I will definitely need some time off from bigger projects.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you've discovered Sockerbit! Now you'll know where to go to get your candy-fix :) Hope you're having fun playing hostess this week! You should put your guest to work and make her help level the concrete, haha. Kidding! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I can ask her to help level the concrete ;) Unfortunately I didn't get to hang out with her as much as I wanted to so far, as work still is crazy busy.

      Delete
  3. I think discovering NYC with you would be really, really fun! So nice you have new guests to share all your treasures with, even if it is a game of (scary!) Jenga and concrete dust! Have fun, dear friend and then treat yourself to a rest before the holidays begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you are in NYC let me know and we'll do some exploring together :)

      Delete
  4. sockerbit looks like a fun place. this weekend was a little bit of everything for me, except for cleaning . . . i need to get around to doing that today. i'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your concrete thursday, i can't wait to see it all come together. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I haven't cleaned in weeks, I believe the last time was before my parents arrived but they left the house sparkling clean after their visit.

      Delete
  5. Haha so you got the concrete removed to pour in more. No... but really good it's moving on.
    Christmas is right around the corner! Time to start panicing about it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha yes there will be concrete again but only in the driveway not the full yard again ;) The other ideas we had for the driveway were unfortunately not in our budget. I should start planning Christmas presents, because otherwise it will be too late and I'll scramble to find things last minute.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...