Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

week forty two

Remember that last week I told you I wanted to catch up on sleep and be back with posts here this week, well of course I jinxed it, instead of the work getting a little slower we got a new deal in and the next two weeks will be pretty busy again. Lately I spend up to twelve hours a day at work and have not much time for anything else but I am not complaining because I really like my new job. On the other hand I feel guilty about not being able to blog and most of all reading yours. I miss you guys!

Last week we finally got our new driveway poured only to get it ripped up again this week. It was not looking too good and our contractor convinced us to have it redone. Progress in the backyard is pretty slow at the moment at least when it comes to the finishing touches. Today the footings for our new deck will be poured and after a couple days of curing we will get a new deck. On Saturday we started painting the chain link fence that sits to the right of our driveway. Not the best idea I had, the work is a bit time consuming, but it is looking so much better than the green and rusty mess we have right now. Oh, and the highlight of the week was that I finally received my Eames House Bird I bought myself as a belated birthday present. It's looking pretty good in front of our fireplace. 

Have a great week!


9 comments:

  1. You had to have it repoured? Waaaahhhh. That's me sobbing. What happened? YUCK. Closest we've come to that is having to have our bathroom re-tiled. Could they not see that the tiles were different shades of white? DUH. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hopefully will be repoured this week, they are ripping the old driveway out today. I had a little meltdown on Saturday when I heard the news. Well hope the end result is worth the wait...

      Delete
  2. oh no i can't believe you have to have it repoured. well, this time i am sure it would look amazing and i can't wait to see. i saw your bird on instagram, oh i am jealous! and now i am sure i must have one too. what excuse can i use???

    take care nina! i hope you are getting some rest time on the weekends. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the finished product either. I am so not good at standing on the sidelines and let other people take over "my" projects but I am sure we'll be happy in the end. It took me so long to finally splurge on the bird, I find it too expensive for something that's just sitting around but sometimes you have to treat yourself to something nice ;) xo

      Delete
  3. You had to have it poured again??! Oh no! You poor things that must have been such a sad trombone womp-womp moment for you. That sucks! At least they're going to redo it and redo it right this time! I do love your birthday present to yourself. You have great taste, not that I ever doubted it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be repoured, hopefully this week. I started to bawl after we got the news, just so ready to have our yard back to ourselves again. But in the end it will be worth the wait and heartache. xo

      Delete
  4. Damn! What went wrong with the concrete on the first time?
    I can imagine painting that fence is slow, lot of small surface there. Love the poster :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finish of the concrete was just very sloppy, no straight line and an overall sloppy job. In two weeks the whole job should be completed...yay!

      Delete
  5. I know what those long work weeks are like - take plenty of vitamins and make sure to get your sleep. Can't wait to see what your deck looks like!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...