Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

week twenty seven

Hope you all had a great long holiday weekend! How did you guys spend it? Mine started off pretty busy on Thursday when P and I cleaned the house and then went to a BBQ at a friends place. We tried to see the fireworks on the Hudson from our friends roof. Unfortunately the view was blocked by some high rise buildings but the view was pretty nice as is. Friday I had to work, planned was a short day but I ended up working until 7:30pm because we had to meet a deadline. On Saturday we tried to escape the heat with a trip to the beach, which was nice but didn't bring the relief we had hoped for. In the afternoon we had to cool off in a nearby mall. Of course we didn't leave empty handed. The heat usually does not bother me so much, this year it makes me feel like a zombie. Because we do not have air conditioners in the whole house, only in our bedroom, we escaped to the movies on Sunday and watched Monsters University in 3D. So much fun, I can highly recommend it. Sulley looks even fuzzier in 3D and he already looked pretty fuzzy in the first movie. Speaking of no air conditioners, the ac at my office broke yesterday and they might not be able to fix it before Wednesday or Thursday. On my way home I couldn't even cool down on the bus home because the ac was not working either. Argh! If this week continues like that I might not have to go to a sauna ever again ;) How do you guys stay cool when it gets hot outside?


7 comments:

  1. You poor thing! Broken ACs everywhere in this heat is a nightmare! I am so happy you saw Monsters Inc in 3D and that it lived up to the hype. I definitely need to see it. How is your work going so far, aside from the long hours? I hope it's going well!! Have a good (hopefully cool) week. We're officially past the halfway mark of the year, isn't that strange? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides the AC still being broken my new job is pretty good so far. My new coworkers are super nice and the bosses too! I cannot believe that we are passed the halfway mark of this year already. Didn't it just start? ;)

      Delete
  2. i adore the photo with the umbrella and the ocean too. we had a small heatwave here a week ago and i have to admit i loved it. i like being hot. people think i am crazy because i am fair and freckled and the sun doesn't really do many any favors on the outside. but on the inside it makes me feel happy. and we do have a couple ac's in the house so i can cool off when i need to. without that i'd probably be pretty miserable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I don't mind being hot and thrive in the heat. This year I turned into a complainer, complaining about the weather every day. Is this what it iis going to be like getting old? I hope it is just a phase ;)

      Delete
  3. Nina, if the a/c ever broke here, I think the entire state would leave. I'm wishing you a cool breeze and plenty of freon (except if it's illegal and toxic, then I don't wish you plenty of freon)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to google what freons are. Not allowed anymore but I like hanging out in the freezer isles at the super market nowadays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! I never ever have this problem so I can't help but London is experiencing a mini heatwave - the temps are mid to high 20s (degrees celcius) so it's not too bad. From memory, moving a lot slower than usual always helps! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...