Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

week six

Hello again! I am back, although a day late...again! Yesterday I was still recuperating from my Sunday on the slopes...

Winter storm Nemo started coming though our area on Friday and when I left the office I could barely see the Empire State Building through the flurries, which I can see from my desk. I was already getting excited hoping for lots of snow on the slopes so I could go snowboarding on Sunday but on the other hand I hoped that it wouldn't be so much that I couldn't go to an estate sale on Saturday morning. I spied a couple of  Saarinen executive chairs with wooden legs a couple of weeks ago on some of the photos advertising the sale. Since the sale started on Friday of course the chairs were already gone by the time I arrived. Instead I came home with a pewter tea/coffee set, a pillow and a wooden bench, that needs some tlc. After the sale I enjoyed a lazy day on the couch, I even tried to get people on twitter to convince me to get up and get to work but Lauren told me it is ok to stay on the couch and the work will still be there the next day. Because I went snowboarding on Sunday my clean laundry is still waiting to be folded today...It's ok though I can still do it tomorrow or the day after...

Hope you all had a great weekend as well! Are you guys ready for week seven?


12 comments:

  1. Um, it is ALWAYS okay to stay on the couch! I could have told you that :) I love your Animal hat, he was my favorite muppet for a while haha. I definitely called you a magician for a reason, your estate sale skills are amazing. What are you planning on doing with the bench?? So excited to see. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha next time I will ask for you to reassure me when I want to stay on the couch. I only tried on the animal hat at the Disney park, I tried on a lot of funny hats and took photos ;) Plans for the bench are to sand and stain it. First it needs some repairs though. Hope it warms up soon so I can start sanding things in the backyard.

      Delete
  2. well, those chairs would have been amazing! i am always on the lookout for good chairs too. i kind of have a chair problem i just like them so much. i have been looking out for bertoia chairs, hoping i could find a couple at a yard sale of an elderly couple who doesn't know what they have ; ) but i am afraid i am going to just have to break down and buy a knock off until someday i can get the real thing. i doubt doing that will keep me from searching though. it looks like you got some good things - i love that coffee/tea set! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a chair problem too. Maybe we should start Chair lovers anonymous ;) If I'll ever see decently priced Bertoia chairs at one of the sales in my area I'll let you know. I am prepping a post to show all my recent estate sale goodies in detail soon. The tea/coffee set is so pretty up close...

      Delete
  3. Great finds! I want that tea/coffee set! You can keep the snow :) btw - was genau ist denn ein estate sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! Ein estate Sale ist eine Haushaltsaufloesung, wenn z.B. jemand umzieht und seine Sachen nicht mitnehmen kann oder auch wenn jemand verstirbt und die Angehoerigen die Sachen nicht wollen...

      Delete
  4. Sofa is sometimes the best option.
    You are a true estate sale wiz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved my day on the couch and I should do it more often!

      Delete
  5. I don't know if I should be ashamed or proud that my sage advice made it into your blog post, but since I have a cold and I'm thinking of slinking back to the sofa this very second, I'm going with PROUD! If that bench is ever missing, I didn't have a thing to do with it. I'm haven't been looking for a coffee table for years. At all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should be proud for getting me to stay on the couch. Sometime I have a hard time to relax and it was just what I needed! I think I need to look out after my bench once I have worked my magic on it.

      Delete
  6. You know, when you put it that way "Week 6", it sounds like we have such a long way to go. I'm sorry you missed out on the chairs, but the bench looks awesome. Must tag along on the next sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, another 46 weeks to go but once summer is here, I always feel like the year is almost over ;) And of course we have to hit some estate sales together soon.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...