Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

week forty five

Last Monday was my first day back at the office. Usually I take the Path into the city but on Monday it was not running yet because the tunnels had flooded during Sandy so I had to take a bus to work. Well hundreds of others had the same idea and I had to wait for 2.5 hours to get on a bus and the bus ride took me another 2 hours. All in all it took me 4.5 hours to get to work. Crazy! I left the house before 7am and made it to the office sometime after 11am and ready for lunch. On my way back I tried the ferry to Hoboken and had planned to walk home from there, which would take about 30-40 minutes through the cold and dark but luckily a bunch of cabs was waiting for the ferry passengers and I happily splurged on a cap ride home. Tuesday one line of the Path system was back up and running which brought my commute time down considerably but I still leave the house one hour earlier than usual...

The rest of the week was mainly work and trying to get rid of my cold, which basically involved get up in the morning, work, go home and go back to bed. On Saturday I stayed in bed all day and only got up for a shower and some food. Yesterday I slept in and started to catch up on writing this blog and working on smaller things on my to-do list. Hopefully this week I will be able to catch up on all the things I missed out on during the last two weeks...Hope you guys had a great weekend!

Here is to week 46!


18 comments:

  1. Oh my god, what a nightmarish commute! How long does it usually take you, like 30 minutes? So happy the Path is up and running again. New York and New Jersey are going to take a while to get back to normal, aren't they? I hope you're feeling better from your cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it takes me about 45 minutes from door to door now I am at 1.5 hours. Both much better than 4 hours ;) The cold is still hanging around but I am feeling much better today!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, a 4 hour commute is crazy. I hope all path trains are running again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it is still only one line but they brought back service to Newark. Progress is slow but that is expected after the damage that the system suffered...

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe it snowed in NYC ... I hope things only continue to get better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last Wednesday it snowed and yesterday we had 65 degrees and sun. They weather is acting rather strange lately...

      Delete
  4. Autch! That is a long commute. Can you work from home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I can't work from home. Theoretically I could but I don't have the necessary programs on my laptop to do so...

      Delete
  5. Oh dearie. I'm sorry you've been under the weather, but I can't say I'm surprised. Given everything you've been through emotionally and physically, it's no surprise your body protested. I hope that commute keeps getting shorter and things keep getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all getting better every day - the commute and my cold ;)

      Delete
  6. I really feel like this storm has put us all behind on everything (blogging included!) I hope you're feeling better and that this will be a better week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I was home from work for a whole week and what did I get done. Zero! ;)

      Delete
  7. 4.5 hours to get to work? Yikes! You definitely deserved a duvet day over the weekend! Hope things get back to normal for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day is a step closer to normalcy for everyone...

      Delete
  8. wow. that is an incredible amount of time to get to work and on a bus to boot. hope you feel better and the subways are back in working order soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it was only the first day that it took me that long to get to work. Commute is getting better and better by the day...

      Delete
  9. Wow, what a journey! Happy to read the commute is getting better as time goes on.
    Ugh, Nina, so sorry to hear about your cold. I think I may have caught the same thing you did. It lingered for about a week and a half, which included uncontrollable coughing fits. I'm finally starting to feel better. I took a Mucinex on Friday night and that seem to finally knock out all the congestion.
    Hope you're on your way to feeling better too, Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nina! Hope you and the city are going better!
    Get well soon! Alex

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...