Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

ohny weekend 2012 - coming up soon

Next weekend will be the 10th year of openhousenewyork. OHNY is dedicated to give New Yorkers and tourists alike the chance to experience the architecture of the city. Participating locations range from historic landmarks to private residences and everything in between. For more information visit the www.ohny.org website, also if you are not in New York check if your city is part of open house worldwide. This will be my fourth year working as a volunteer and I am already busy planning what places I want to see when I am not working at my site.

Here are my highlights from last year. If you click the highlighted name on the top of each photo you will be directed to last years post where you will find more photos and information to each site.

Have a great weekend!

PS. I made the bowl on the last photo, check out how here


11 comments:

  1. Nina, you made that!? Sigh, putting me to shame AGAIN. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry I had help in making this bowl ;) It's just melted glue that I swirled around in a metal bowl. Hope you had a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous bowl, and hello. OHNY. Might have to road trip it up there for that. HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be a perfect time for a road trip to NYC. Did I mention that the Open House weekend is free?

      Delete
  3. Hey Nina, I am thinking of checking out OHNY again this year, it has been a couple of years since I have been there. Let me know what are some of your favorite must see sites and off course the one where you will be volunteering so we can visit you! LG, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, I will email you my site and tell you what sites I liked the last years...

      Delete
  4. 4th year?! You're an old pro by now then!
    I have been trying to either volunteer or just enjoy this awesome event for years and have only made it once :-/
    Btw, the bowl is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old pro, ha ha..We'll see what we're in for this year on Saturday...

      Delete
  5. Have fun! If I ended up going on those tours, I'd lag behind the group and try to move in to one of the nicer spots, haha. I can't wait to see some pics. That bowl is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha I am exactly one of those people too! I will take lots of pictures and post them next week.

      Delete
  6. This is such a fantastic idea. When I lived in New York, I would walk the city and often wonder about certain buildings (e.g., who built it, who lives there, its purpose...) This tour seems like it would answer all those questions. It's very cool that you volunteer.
    PS~Wow, your bowl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...