Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

string lights

Another outdoor post this week. Some of you might already know by following me on Instagram or my recent my week posts that I might have a minor obsession with string light. Ok, I have only shown two photos but have taken so many more. In my opinion string lights are a perfect staple to light up outdoor spaces. Here are some of my favorite pictures on how people use string or other lights to create a nice atmosphere in their yards. Of course it works with balconies, fire escapes or even in a window too depending on what kind of space you have.



To get a similar look for your outdoor space or mine (a girl can dream right?) I did a little round up of my favorite string lights. We actually own No.3 in the clear version and used to hang it from our big umbrella to cast some light on our table for late night dining or just talking. I guess once the backyard is done, hopefully next year, I should host a big bbq party and invite all of you.  Have a great weekend whatever your plans are! Mine are definitely finishing up what I started last weekend...



*If anybody knows the source of the photo please let me know. Tried to find it to no avail. I like to give credit where credit is due.

15 comments:

  1. I'm actually quite a big fan of the standard bulb on a sting type lights. So I love the three and four on the last photo. But then again the rice paper shades are great too.

    Now it's starting to get darker on the evenings so I could consider adding lights to our backyard too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could also light up your conservatory in the wintertime...

      Delete
  2. I love string lights. They're definitely on the agenda for our back yard too. Our neighbors just hung them, and even from next door, they're beautiful. I love the ones you guys have. I like the Ballard Design ones too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to share with us which ones you get when you hung them...

      Delete
  3. This kind of makes me want to put up string lights inside. Is that totally inappropriate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! String lights all year round. I put some up during the holidays and took them down in March sometime but I was really tempted to leave them up. I'll be on the look out for the bbq invite- happy weekend Nina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, to String Lights years round! Next time just leave them up Christmas is already around the corner ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh I LOVE the Restoration Hardware ones and the ones from Ballard. So industrial chic! Awesome round-up of inspiration and sources, too. I can't wait to see which ones you choose, and in the meantime I might hang a string set in my house haha. Good luck finishing that vestibule up! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time making up my mind which one is the best looking light but price is a factor as well. Not willing to shell out over 100 bucks for lights. Love the industrial look if the Restoration Hardware ones too!

      Delete
  6. so beautiful! I wish I had a balcony or backyard!
    http://www.africanprintsinfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could hang them in your window maybe.

      Delete
  7. I luv the restoration hardware lights! .. vintage flair! I am fascinated by fireflies ... their fluttering display of lights remind me of outdoor lighting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fireflies they are so pretty when their are scattered all over the yard but they are kind of ugly if you see them up close ;)

      Delete
  8. I couldn't agree more, string lights are so pretty and instantly turn an outdoor space into something lovely. I remember in college everyone use to hang string lights in their dorm room. They're just magical, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...