Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

another neon post - diy

Remember when I spray painted my candelabra hot pink in February? If so you might also remember that I was already looking for something else that needed a neon makeover. After seeing some cool neon necklaces while browsing the internet I thought I could make my own. I bought two necklaces on sale at a Burlington Coat Factory store near my office. I liked the shapes and at $3 per necklace I could justify to give spray painting them a try.


The supplies I had already at hand from previous painting sessions and I followed the same procedure as I did with the candelabra, just omitting the mistake with the dark primer and using white primer in the first place. One necklace got a yellow makeover and the other one was transformed with fluorescent pink spray paint.


I have to say both necklaces came out better than expected and really brighten up my wardrobe. What's your take on the neon trend? I already had a neon phase in the 80ies but feel it is different now. Back then I liked the combination of midriff baring and neon. I've already seen cropped shirts again in magazines but this will be a trend that will not make it back into my closet.



11 comments:

  1. Whoa! I love them! The yellow especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute. And I might or might not be guilty of having some cropped tops...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! They look amazing. I love that you paired them both with a plain white tee, they really pop that way. You could totally sell these on Etsy or at your next flea market if you wanted to start a little side business. I love your DIY-edness. You just GO for projects, it's really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. They look so completely different from how they did before. Plus, this is my speed with neon- small doses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pink is my favourite, so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just pinned some neon bracelets on Pinterest so this post came at the right time! This is just what I need for my summer wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nina, these necklaces came out so good. I like the neon trend for other people...I just never thought I could pull off so much color. However, what you did here with the necklaces is the perfect way to add just a little. Great diy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YYYAAAAYY! Neon forever! These look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! The necklaces are a nice way to add color without going overboard. Already wore the yellow one to work...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks awesome! I should motivate myself to do sth like that, too...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...