Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

diy felt elbow patches

In my week eight post I already showed you the items I picked up for a new DIY project. As Erin guessed correctly I was attempting my own version of a diy felt elbow patch. I saw a picture of it on Pinterest and thought it would be a great way to salvage my favorite cardigan that had a big hole on the right elbow, basically my elbow was poking through. Already had bought leather elbow patches a while back but they were just too big and I wasn't quite sure how to sew them on. First I traced the picture of the elbow patch back to the blog it was originally posted on and turns out it even had a tutorial on how to do it. The blog is called honestly wtf and I couldn't stop clicking through it. Even discovered more droolworthy diy projects. I'm not good at crafts like knitting or crocheting but this was super easy and I could even get rid of any frustration I had by stabbing my needle into the foam like a maniac. Good stress reliever!...Did anyone of you pinned something on Pinterest and you just had to recreate it at home?

Photobucket


11 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, they turned out awesome! I might have to do this to a few of my own sweaters. Why are elbows so pointy? Those patches came out great. Well done! I'm convinced your a DIY-maven. Everything you touch turns to gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And the cardigan looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great Nina! I recently bought some patches for some sweaters, but this would have been much cuter. As for Pinterest and DIY, I actually have a diy board of things I have found mainly via Pinterest. I have yest to start any of the projects though (story of my life).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is soooo cute! I even have leftover felting stuff from when I made some scarfs. I am so doing this!! I love the little hearts. I don't have any holes in my sweaters, but that's okay. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys! It was such an easy project that I'm already looking for the next project. I also even bought wool roving (the fuzzy wool stuff on the first pic) in another color..

    Erin, I'm seriously blushing...

    Santa, I'm also having more ideas than time to really get to work...

    Michelle, you don't even need holes in your sweaters to pimp them with a little felting action ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It come out AWESOME!!! I want heart elbow patches too ... I have to hunt some shirts down now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that looks really cool Nina - have to check out the blog you refer to to understand how you made it. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, these are AWESOME! I lovelovelove the elbow patches! It's spring now, but will you please remind me about these next fall? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, this is the cutest diy. I stole a sweater that I love from my husband that has leather elbow patches. Your heart patches are way better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren, I will remind you in the fall! I should have gotten into doing this much earlier because now it's too warm for my cardigan...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nina, these are divine! And as it is now Autumn in Australia, your post comes at a perfect time for me. I think i am going to have to try this! Oh, and yay, for kicking ass on the chair reupholstery!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...