Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

new front door

The new front door is finished!

Originally I just wanted to paint the front door but my plans got derailed when we found out that the door had pretty much rusted away underneath the kickplate. The new door was put in a while back already (sadly I forgot to take pictures of that) and I started painting it last weekend. The color is Rumba Orange (2014-10) by Benjamin Moore. I left the window frames white at first but we didn't like it, so I painted them over the course of the week as well .

The first picture is a little reminder of how it looked before. What a difference!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Tolle Frabe und auch sehr schön finde ich die Zahl so mittig auf der Tür. Die Zahlen sind so schön retromäßig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankeschoen! Die Zahlen wurden wohl schon in den 30er Jahren designt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIEHT WIRKLICH KLASSE AUS :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that colour. My hubs business premises has 2 orange doors but they don't look as nice and bright as yours. I must get him to re-paint them! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Love coming home to be greeted by the bright color of the door :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nina, I came to know your blog, and I like it a lot. It's very interesting.
    I wanted to repaint my front door this year again, but I don't think I'll have the chance to do it, winter is coming...
    I like the color you chose, very bright and cheerful.
    ps.: thank you for your feedback at byw

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a vibrant color for a front door. It will certainly catch the attention of any passersby. It stands out from the color of the siding. Did you also change the color of the shutters into this one? Great choice! Danielle Bailey @ Vinylume Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...