Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

vestibule

In order to enter the house you have pass through a little entryway/vestibule. Thought it would be a fun little project to finish in a couple of weekends. Wrong!

Some of the tiles in the vestibule were already missing and some were loose, making it a tripping hazard for me...Started prying them off by hand whenever I took my shoes off when I got home. Soon I needed to take out a chisel and a hammer and was working on taking them all out.
After the tiles came out the floor was still covered with some kind of rubbery adhesive. I am using a heat gun to warm it up and then scape it off. Not a lot of fun but I am more than half way through with this project.

In addition to working on the floor I have prepared the walls for a new coat of paint. Will use leftover paint I have from painting an accent wall in the
bedroom where I had used Raccoon Fur by Benjamin Moore.

In the last picture you can see I also took out all the glass panels above the
hallway door. Sadly one of the panels broke when I was trying to take it out. Bummer!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...