Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

vestibule - update

I was working a little bit on the vestibule this weekend - changing the light fixture and painting the walls.

First was taking off the booblike light fixture with blue painters tape still attached from the previous owners painting the ceiling probably years ago. I wanted to use a ceiling medallion to hide some imperfections in the ceiling, which I already bought and also primed a while back.

We didn't pick a light fixture yet so for now I used a simple porcelain lamp holder that I spray painted black. Could end up being a more permanent solution too...We'll see...While spray painting the lamp holder I used an old light bulb to keep the thread (?) clean. To make the finished project look a little bit nicer I used an "Edison" bulb I bought at West Elm.

After installing the ceiling medallion and the light fixture I painted the walls (raccoon fur by Benjamin Moore). Next week I want to paint all the trim and base boards white. Then I want to paint the closet door the same dark color as the walls and add another piece of trim above to frame it, right now it looks like it is missing something. After that I hopefully will be able to install the flooring...


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...